Nearly 115,000 linemen and linewomen across the United States work tirelessly to keep community electrical grids safe and functioning.
At Lakeland, we are proud to protect those workers with high performance FR/AR clothing.
Flame resistant clothing and arc flash clothing are designed to protect workers on the line from the inherent dangers of the job, but we believe FR apparel should offer more.
Lakeland’s high-performance moisture management layering system offers permanent moisture-wicking technology, and the comfort and style utility workers demand on the job. And now, Lakeland is pleased to announce a number of new product additions within the FR/AR protective apparel layering system.
Lakeland’s New High-Performance Mid-Weight FR/AR Utility Apparel
Lakeland's new line of mid-weight FR/AR protective apparel with moisture management is breaking new ground in the industry. The new line of garments enhance our existing moisture-management layering system, which consists of a number of base layer and outer layer options.
The new line of protective apparel includes many of the key features you’ve come to expect from Lakeland, including:
- The optimal blend of hydrophobic and hydrophilic fibers (60/40 fiber split) for superior moisture wicking and drying.
- Outerwear garments offering both water and wind resistance, so you can feel confident in your apparel even if the weather changes quickly.
- A balance of safety, protection, and fabric quality, with extra design details like seamless underarm gussets, flat seam construction and a comfortable athletic cut.
At Lakeland, we ensure that all of your FR clothing layers are designed to work together to wick moisture away from your body so you can remain comfortable, dry, and protected on the job.
Lakeland’s new mid-weight moisture management and Hi-Vis FR/AR apparel line includes:
- High Performance FR Knit Button-up: The industry’s only 16 cal button-up shirt, the lightweight knit features permanent moisture management and the optimal blend to offer superior protection, performance, and comfort.
- High Performance FR Waffle-Cut: Featuring a modern waffle-cut design with the optimal blend for permanent moisture management, this 8-ounce garment is available as a ¼ zip or hoodie with built-in neck gaiter.
- High Performance FR Pull Over: Featuring an 11-ounce fabric with incredible stretch and permanent moisture management, this garment offers an extremely comfortable fit and modern look.
- Lakeland’s original 12-ounce softshell jacket is now available in hi-vis. At 28 cal cm/2, this jacket features permanent moisture management, water and wind resistance, and an extremely touch abrasion-resistant outer shell.
- Lightweight hoodies available in black and hi-vis, and featuring permanent moisture management, water and wind resistance, and left chest pocket for a cell phone. At 12-ounces and 27 cal cm/2, this product is jacket-length, athletic cut and offers superior protection and performance.
- A ¼ zip featuring a two-toned look and new double-faced fleece body. This jacket offers a modern look, permanent moisture management, and 28 cal protection.
FR/AR Hi-Vis Protective Apparel
Lakeland also is the first protective apparel manufacturer to offer a hi-vis FR/AR clothing layering system for utility and electrical workers. The ANSI Hi-Vis yellow garments are certified as an ANSI 107 Class 3 and are designed to help workers stand out in the field.
The new Lakeland FR/AR Hi-Vis clothing line features the following:
- High-performance lightweight knits include a short sleeve, long sleeve and Henley shirt. These 16 cal options feature superior design and functionality. Lakeland’s FR Knit Button-up features this same lightweight knit fabric now available in a button up shirt.
- Our original woven shirt features Westex® DH fabric. A lightweight woven shirt option featuring inherent moisture management and a soft touch and athletic cut.
- Lakeland’s High Performance FR series features a lightweight hoodie fabric, 12oz, featuring inherent moisture management, water and wind resistance, left chest pocket and hidden cord strings. Available in full zip and pull over.
- Lakeland's original soft shell jacket. Lightweight at 12oz with inherent moisture management, water and wind resistance and an extremely abrasion resistant outer shell. At 28 cal cm/2 stay warmer dryer and be better protected.
Outfit your employees in Lakeland’s moisture management layering system and hi-vis FR clothing and know they will have superior protection, performance and comfort on the line.
Interested in learning more about Lakeland’s new line of moisture management FR/AR protective apparel? View more product details now, or contact our team now.